Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Election Address Deek Jackson and the Liberal Party
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, thank you for giving Deek Jackson the Liberal Party candidate for Glasgow Southside the opportunity to submit a few words for sharing during your hustings meeting.
First to clarify, the Liberal Party is not connected in anyway, with the LibDems, we are the continuing Liberal Party made up of members who refused to join a merger with the SDP.

The preamble to the Liberal Party constitution states:

"The Liberal Party exists to build a Liberal Society in which every citizen shall possess liberty, property and security, and none shall be enslaved by poverty, ignorance or conformity. Its chief care is for the rights and opportunities of the individual and in all spheres it sets freedom first."

The Liberal Party policies are time tested, environmentally green, left of centre, putting people at the heart of policy making.

As Liberals we believe that people should have good quality education, health care and housing as a right!

Democracy is underpinned by our rights and freedoms, which are constantly under threat.

Deek Jackson supports Liberal Party policy and has chosen Glasgow Southside to bring focus to the appalling new law introduced by the SNP recently.    The new law makes it a criminal offence to speak your mind in your own home.

Deek commented

“I may joke or posture or speak provocatively in my home on many issues, which if denounced or surveilled by the state could now see me prosecuted for a hate crime”.

“Freedom of speech is freedom of thought and freedom of belief - the SNP and coalition partners are stripping the people of Scotland of a fundamental right”.

“All freedom loving people should oppose this dark turn in Scotland’s affairs”.

Liberal Party policies are available for public scrutiny on our website

A vote for Deek Jackson on May 6th is a vote for Freedom and Liberty.

Published by Paul Bradshaw 5 Dunster Road Southport PR8 3AG on behalf of
Deek Jackson 149 Wedderburn Crescent, Dunfermline Fife, KY11 4RY