The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bramley Moore Dock - Historic England think again – Open Letter:
Having been brought up on Rugby and having a profound disinterest in football I think I could be considered a more than objective member of the Planning Committee hearing the case by Everton to move to and develop the Bramley Moore dock site.

In the presentation, I was impressed that Everton was committing to invest in public transport at the Sandhills Station.
The call in by Historic England. I fear is totally the wrong approach. Most Northern cities are littered with listed buildings which are supposedly “protected”.

In reality, they are mothballed and allowed to deteriorate over time to the point of no return. The best way to actually preserve and open up Heritage sites is to adopt them to become commercially viable sites whilst at the same time enhancing the heritage features into a community use.

At Bramley Moore Dock the historic railway lines are to be kept and the hydraulic tower to be saved and developed as a visitor facility.

I hope the Secretary of State will take note this proposal was supported by all parties, Labour Liberals and Lib Dems, on the Planning Committee in dare I say a rare case of unanimity.

I would urge Historic England to actually take a more realistic approach to supporting historic sites being developed for a long term future and being opened up to the public rather than left to deterioration behind closed walls.

Cllr Steve Radford
Leader Liberal Party Group

Messages In This Thread
Bramley Moore Dock - Historic England think again – Open Letter: - by ReadingLib - 03-11-2021, 09:25 PM