Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benefits for Migrant Workers

Basically this is now going to fall into the bracket of the Brexit negotiations.
If the above proposals were introduced it would have a serious impact on those who undertake seasonal work in tourism, agriculture and horticulture. Such industries are vital to the UK economy. For such workers to be deprived of sufficient money to live on is immoral and in my view illiberal and only increases poverty or possibly drives a small percentage towards criminal activity.

I strongly believe the answer is for all EU migrant workers that have resided in Britain for 4 years on June 23rd 2016 and that are in work should be offered immediate dual nationality status, along with entitlement to benefits.

Future migrants would have a 3 month visa in which time they have to find work. They should also have the means to support themselves for that 3 month period, and no access to in-work benefits would be available within that 3 month period.
Those applying for a visa must not have a criminal record.
Those who do find work will have to renew work visas every 6 months. After 5 years they may then apply for nationality.

Not a member and just my idea on the issue Smile

Messages In This Thread
Benefits for Migrant Workers - by NigelGB - 11-13-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Benefits for Migrant Workers - by Stone de Croze - 09-22-2016, 05:32 PM