The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promoting The Liberal Party
I have just joined The Liberal Party and am pleased to be part of this historic group. However, it is probably fair to say that most people in the UK are unaware of the party, or if they are, they confuse us with the Lib Dems. 

Although we are small, with just a handful of councillors, and a very small budget, how can we promote the party, increase membership, and raise our profile so that we see growth?

The party in its current form has been around since 1989. We are a strong party, but tiny. Is it time for a more pro-active approach to growth? Time to work on growing local branches and taking things from there?

I applaud all that the party has done since its rebirth, and the hard work that members and supporters have put in to keep Liberalism alive in the face of the Lib Dems, the Greens and others. But can we do more?

Obviously, social media is a huge opportunity for the party, but again, is it one we are using to its full potential? Being able to join online via paypal is a huge bonus, but could we make more use of video for example? I appreciate that all of this takes time (and in some cases money), but perhaps we as a party need to form a group that will act solely to promote the party and raise our profile. It need not be many (perhaps only one or two).

I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is for this, and welcome comments (for and against). Thanks!
A politician is a person with whose politics you don't agree; if you agree with him he's a statesman. (David Lloyd George).

Messages In This Thread
Promoting The Liberal Party - by coton boy - 11-03-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by NigelGB - 11-10-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by Brummie - 02-24-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by RadicalLIB - 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by NigelGB - 09-25-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by RadicalLIB - 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by NigelGB - 11-19-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Promoting The Liberal Party - by Brummie - 08-09-2019, 11:49 AM